The Center for Agile Leadership has the distinct honor and privilege to welcome Dan Egan to lead an open forum that dives into the distinct advantages of “compassionate leadership”.
First of all, if you’re one of the very few who don’t know the name Dan Egan, he is…
- A World-renowned Extreme Skier — named by Powder Magazine as one of the most influential skiers of our time;
- A U.S. Skiing & Snowboarding Hall of Famer
- An Award-Winning Film Producer — for which he was awarded a Telly Award;
- A Television Personality — having appeared in 12 Warren Miller Ski Films, as well as being the recipient of 3 New England Emmy award nominations for his TV series “Dan Egan’s Wild World of Winter“
- A Journalist — for which he is a 3-time North American Snowsports Journalists Association (NASJA) Harold Hirsch award winner for excellence in journalism, in addition to covering three Winter Olympics as a contributor to the Boston Globe
- The Author of 3 Books;
- The Owner and Founder of Degan Media (a consulting, marketing and media production company)
In short – Dan Egan is a big deal! And his journey to great heights (literally and figuratively) has allowed him the honor and opportunity to mentor, teach, coach….and otherwise lead…hundreds who have forever been changed by his compassionate leadership.
Students in this forum can discuss with Dan the following topics related to Compassionate Leadership (OR any other sub-topics that you like):
- Avoiding harsh judgments of staff decisions by staying in the present, and keeping those decisions in their original context;
- The importance of risk/ability assessments – not asking your folks to do more than they are able to do;
- The importance of freeing ourselves from the “critical mind”, so we can be more patient with ourselves and our staffs
PARTICIPANTS OF THE FORUM WILL BE AT LIBERTY TO ASK DAN ANY QUESTIONS THAT YOU LIKE RELATED TO COMPASSIONATE LEADERSHIP.
***NOTE THAT THIS FORUM WILL BE CONVERTED TO A BECOMING A TRUE AGILE LEADER PODCAST EPISODE***