December 17, 2018 // 1 Comments
Resolutions From A True Agile Leader
What do the New Year’s Resolutions of a True Agile Leader look like?
Hey there, Rikki Schwartz here with some thoughts for the end of the year.
2019 is only a couple of weeks away! What do the New Year’s Resolutions of a True Agile Leader look like?
- Take the time in early 2019 to learn something new about every team member.
- Express praise and gratitude to your team for their accomplishments in 2018.
- Closely inspect your organization’s mission and core values – adapt as necessary.
- Ask your team what the three biggest lessons they learned in 2018 were, and how they plan to apply those lessons in 2019.
- Find out if toxic emotions got in the way of team productivity in 2018
- Explore whether your team has unmet needs that you can fill.
- Find out if excuses or finger-pointing got your team stuck in 2018.
- Look for the team members who understand personal accountability, and praise/reward them publicly with examples of their behavior.
Even just sharing these 8 “resolutions” with your team members will reinforce your dedication to them, and to the Agile way. It will also re-ignite the “human nature” side of you and your team.
Which of the 8 resolutions (by number) resonate with YOU? Why? Which ones do NOT work for you? Why not? Do you have any to add?? PLEASE SHARE!!!